Open Source or Microsoft
- Understanding which to choose
- Understanding which is better
- Understanding which costs more
- Identify which a website is.
Which is better - neither. They are both a set of tools. They both have advantages and disadvantages.
I choose to use Microsoft technologies because:
- I understand them
- I find the support/backup is exceptional
- I find that well coded solutions are easy to develop, support and debug
- I believe that users are comfortable with the solutions
- I believe that the resources and people are available to support solutions so you are only tied to me because I give good service, not because I'm the only person who can do it
- I have libraries of pre-written procedures for many tasks.
For most Microsoft based websites, the pages have a name and then an extension of:
If the extension is htm or html it could be either Microsoft of Open Source based. Things like pgp etc are Open Source.