You want top level information about the number of people visiting your website: where they come from and when they visited.
There are many sorts of log file processing that will give graphs of visitors then drill down to give referrer, time of day etc. I currently use Webalizer. This takes a bit of setting up, but gives excellent top level information.
- Browse to a web page and the information is there to view.
- Gives the key information to assess the success of the website.
- Automatically updated in the early hours of the morning.
- Important to assess ROI on an investment in the website.
- Can view the positive and the negative changes in performance relative to changes made and other marketing activity