You regularly copy the same directories up to an FTP server, however often much of the effort is wasted as many of the files have not changed. For example, copying the updates to a website from a dev server to the live one.
Use FTPSync . It uses either the archive bit or the file date and time to determine whether a file has changed and then pushes it up to the FTP server.
- Only copies the files requierd
- Simply tell it to replicate the files that have changed
- Copies directory structure too.
- Allows you to store the source and destination location to prevent errors
- Website becomes live faster as only the changed files are copied
- Less likely to to accidentally forget to copy a file
- Saves time as only the necessary files are copied
- Saves bandwidth